Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My New Hair for Winter !

I twittered on Friday that I had my haircut. So, here is a pic my new do!

After seeing Wicked on Saturday w/ my sister.
Doesn't look that different? Here is what changed.

Length/Cut
I went shorter, thinner and darker for the season. My hair was cut about 3 inches plus plenty of layering was done so I could have more volume. Some of the layers are a bit too short, since I have a round/oval face it makes my face look fuller. Shorter layers are better for longer faces. I usually keep layers below the chin. I also had my hair thinned underneath in the back. Now it feels like I hardly have any hair. When I pull it back it makes a sorry little ponytail. However, it makes it easier to handle since I have been spending about 12 hours a week working out. I usually chop of a good amount of hair and go darker this time of year. I chop off all the damage from the summer months. Healthy short hair looks better than long damaged hair.

Color
My hairdresser added in some blonde, but lots of chunky dark lowlights that are close to my natural color. The dark color makes my skin look my luminous and my eyes stand out more. For whatever reason I feel more subdue and sultry with darker hair and more bubbly and goofy with lighter hair. Perhaps it is the weather change or social conditioning that causes this response. Something nudges at me to go more natural with my hair, which is dark brunette, thick and wavy, however I am having so much fun playing with different colors. I found out that I won't be able to achieve the same summer blonde with natural products. My pal and hairdresser assured me that the bleach never even touches my scalp.

Green Hair Care
I still think about my choices and the environmental issues. If anyone knows of a product that is natural and can lift color several shades to make a dark brunette blonde let me know. I am very open to trying new things. I haven't been able to find anything so far. Personal stories are welcome. Please share!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous!!!! Girl you look so wonderful!!!! Happy holidays!!!
    HUGS!!!
    Malynda

    ReplyDelete